Trains, Trolleys & Bridges - Town of Chemung, N.Y.
Click on the photograph to enlarge
Please check back periodically for new photos
Bridges Over Chemung River
The first suspension bridge lasted 1875-1912. The second bridge was opened Jan 1, 1912.
Thanks M. Tuccinardi
In 1907, the trolley line from Waverly to Wellsburg, 9 miles, was open - run by the W. S. A. Traction Co. In 1909 that 9 miles was taken over by the E C &W.
March 31, 1930, was the day of the last run.